Sunday June 21, 2015. 8am
Race Day Timeline & Racer Info:
Use 2014 as a reference. Click here to review important race-day information, rules and best practices!
Aquabike is a swim and bike format. Distances are a 1,000 yard swim and a 19-mile bike. Individuals only.
Packet Pickup and Registration
Lewis and Clark Outfitter’s Springdale location on Saturday, June 20 from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. Located just north of the NWA Mall. Registration is available on Saturday, June 20, but there is no race-day registration.
Directions to Race Site
The park is located 13 miles from Fayetteville. Use 15689 Lake Weddington Entry Rd, Fayetteville, Arkansas 72704 to obtain directions. From packet pickup (Lewis & Clark Outfitters). Click on the following link – Directions
Race day packet pickup
Packets may be picked up on race day from 6:00am to 7:30am at the race site. Chips will be issued on race day only. There is no race-day registration.
“Race-day Basics”: Saturday, June 20 from 6:00pm to 7:00pm at L&C Outfitter’s Springdale location. Experienced triathletes will discuss race-day preparation, nutrition, key do’s and don’ts, as well as answer any questions. A USA Triathlon official will also be on hand to address USAT rules and regulations.
Event photographs will be available for view from the race photographer – NWA Photo- www.nwaphoto.com
NO RISK REGISTRATION POLICY:
If you sign up early and can’t attend on race day…we’ll rollover your registration fee to next year’s event or apply the fee to one of our other events in the calendar year!
Race Information and Rules
- All competitors are required to have a current USA Triathlon license or purchase a USAT license in order to compete. Adults are one-day ($12) or annual ($45), youth ages 17 and under are one-day ($10) or annual ($15).
- On race day the Lake Wedington Recreation area opens at 6:00am and transition will open at 6:00am.
- There is no charge to enter on race day. Prior to the race, the park entrance fee is $5.
- Pets are NOT allowed in the park per US Forest Service regulations – NO EXCEPTIONS!
- The first heat will start at 8:00am sharp!
- Cutoff times per person, per event: Swim – one hour; Bike – two hours; Run – one hour.
- No more than 100 competitors per wave.
- Wetsuits will be allowed according to USAT rules. The average water temperature on race day has been 82-85 degrees.
- All USA Triathlon rules are in effect. See link for complete USAT rules. Most Commonly Violated Rules – Click here.
- Event will be held rain or shine.
- The age group of a participant will be determined by age on Dec. 31 of the event year, not by age on race day.
- Minimum age to compete is twelve years of age. NO EXCEPTIONS!
Awards and Categories – Triathlon
Awards will be presented to the top three finishers in each male and female age category, as well as in each team category except Masters. The top-three overall male and female finishers will receive separate awards. Click here to see award and category regulations.
- Juniors (Male & Female): 12-15, 16-19
- Adults (Male & Female): Five-year increments per USAT rules
- Masters 40-49 (Male and Female): First-place only
- Grand Masters 50-59 (Male and Female): First-place only
- Senior Masters 60+ (Male and Female): First-place only
- Clydesdale (220lb. +): 39 and under; 40+
- Athena (165 lb. +): all ages
- Teams (relay): Men, Women and Mixed (teams may consist of two or three individuals)
- USAT Club Awards. Details coming soon
- Click here to see award and category regulations.
Awards and Categories – Aquabike
- Awards will be presented to the top three individual males and females.
Door Prizes, Pre & Post Race Goodies
- Degree Deodorant brands providing great items for all our athletes! See Degree Zone.
- The fastest male and female individual participants will receive special prizes for the fastest swim, bike and run times in the triathlon.
- Door prizes will include gift certificates, cash and tons of bike gear.
- Post race meal will be provided by Love to Float Outfitters and will be served to all athletes following the race. Friends and family may eat for a nominal fee.
- Lots of sponsors’ products and services will be in the goodie bag for each participant.